The objectives of Asian-Pacific Organization for Cell Biology (APOCB) are the advancement of research and education in the area of Cell Biology. In furtherance of this aim the Executive Committee may exercise the following power:
- (a) to promote communication among cell biologists in the Asian Pacific region;
- (b) to contribute to the advancement of cell biology in all of its aspects, including related topics in the Asian Pacific region;
- (c) to organize regular and irregular meetings;
- (d) to initiate cooperative programs in communication, research, education, training and publication; and
- (e) to carry out the above activities in close cooperation with the International Federation for Cell Biology.
This Organization shall be called the Asian-Pacific Organization for Cell Biology (APOCB). The legal domicile of APOCB shall be at the business address of the Secretary-General. The official center of the APOCB shall be the Office of the Secretary-General or such other place as the Executive Committee of the APOCB shall from time to time determine. It shall be the duty of the Secretary-General to maintain relationship with all bodies adhering to the APOCB and all other relevant organizations within the field of Cell Biology. The Secretary-General shall prepare budgets and agenda, and circulate them at least four months before meetings of the Executive Committee and General Assembly.